Friday 23 March 2012

Grass is evil stuff!

What a glorious day here in the Northern Hemisphere and in particular the North West region of the UK. The reason I mention it was so nice today was it allowed me to cut the grass and Isabella to move out into the garden for the first time since winter.

I had managed to cut the grass earlier while Isabella had been sleeping. You have never seen anything like it in your life. Lets just say my lawnmower is old but I'm reluctant to part with it as it's the one I got off my dad. It does make me sweat though as it's not the easiest beast to move around the garden.

The outcome of the hard work did have a pay off. Once Isabella was awake we ventured out onto my lovely lawn. I sat madam down and patted the grass showing her how lovely it was to be sat on grass and expected her just to crawl straight to me. Would Isabella touch the grass not on your nelly. She would put her hand clost to it and then pull away as if she'd been burned by a fire. How funny. I couldn't help laugh. She was so freaked out by this spikey evil green stuff. She would look at me and then at the grass.

Of course she'd never been out on grass before and I'd just plonked her on it expecting her to think it was ok. I thought well if I take your socks off you can feel it that way and that will be easier. To my astonishment as I did she lifted her legs in the air and just kept them there with her bottom on the grass. In a sort of Boat Yoga pose. What a sight to see. This little baby looking at me, holding her arms and legs up so as not to touch this evil green grass. It was so funny she wasn't upset just mystified by this stuff. I did eventually get her to touch it. I think we will try again tomorrow. We need a bit more work where grass is concerned.

You forget sometimes just how strange things must seem to a small baby when they come into contact with something new for the first time. I hadn't really given it a second thought but I suppose we have been in hibernation over the winter so why would Isabella have any idea about the feeling of grass. So many things to discover what a fabulous time we are going to have discovering them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment